Pages

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Where is My Christmas Spirit?!?!?!

For some reason it has been more difficult for me to get into the Christmas spirit this year. I am sure that it has something to do with the fact that this is my first non-college Christmas. The first Christmas that isn't surrounded by a substantial, wonderful "Christmas Break."

Don't get me wrong... it isn't like Christmas Breaks of the past have been all filled with rest and relaxation or anything.... I always worked in college... and worked retail (Wal-Mart) for several years, so it isn't like I was just spending four weeks doing nothing. In 2008 we welcomed Chacey over Christmas break, halfway through my graduate program. The semester resume six days after she was born and life has felt crazy since! In 2009 we were moving, relocating to Kansas City and I was getting ready to start at Farmers in early January. Maybe it was just the feeling of getting a break from something (classes - 21 credit hours takes its tole) that made the Christmas spirit flow more freely. :) Now in 2010, I just worked 36 hours in three days and we are at a ridiculously high claims volume (quit wrecking your cars, people).

Oh well... moral of the story is that I needed an extra boost before I could recognize the reality that tomorrow is Christmas Eve!!! Chacey loves Christmas lights, so we took her to Christmas in the Park.... which turned out to be a big hit! She loved pointing out all the of items that she identified... trains, bears, water, etc.



Tonight, we decided to made a gingerbread house. Chacey was very helpful as she carefully spread the icing on the roof. (We may have told her that the icing was "yucky" so that she would abstain from eating it.)


Then Chacey helped Daddy line the top of the roof with gumdrops... that we convinced her were also "yucky." She did a very good job!


We let her decorate one whole wall all by herself... and she may have put some of the "balls" on the roof out of the color sequence that we were going with... but she was creatively expressing herself! :)


This was Chacey's side. I did the "icicles" hanging off the roof.


Chacey and Daddy with the finished product!



0 comments:

Post a Comment