Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Visiting Maryville

We went to Maryville this week for a visit. We got to hang out with some friends and finally meet Baby Birk. Chacey loved giving kisses to Birk and dancing with Lauren. Stacey took pictures, so maybe I can get some from her to add of the kids. While we were in town, Dan (Daddy's roommate) gave her an early morning music lesson, we played in the fountains of Centennial Gardens, got shots, then had icecream! Each time we go up there, I come home a little bummed though. I miss my old job, our friends, being in class, marching band, homework, and the general crazy-busy that comes with being a college student, a parent, and having a job. Don't get me wrong... I like it here just fine, but still... Maryville was good to me in the four years I spent there!

Anyway, part of the reason for our trip was that Chacey had her eighteen-month well baby visit. She has now reached a whopping 32 3/4 inches, 24 pounds 3 ounces. I cannot believe how much she is growing!!! Visiting the doctor was a traumatic experience (who knew a one-year-old could hyperventilate). The doctor said it is normal, that the whole process would remind her of the stitches and scare her... and that she would probably have issues with doctor visits for the next three to four years!!! The poor thing kept bringing me her clothes in her shoes and crying "bye bye!" Broke my heart... but we survived... and they gave her a free icecream cone from McDonalds when it was all done.

Before the shot experience, however, Chacey got to go play in the fountains at Centennial Gardens. She stepped on the shortest fountain, put her hands in the taller one, and managed to play without getting a drop of water on her clothes!




For the sake of comparison, in reminiscence of how big Chacey is getting, the next few pictures were taken at these fountains last year! Chacey's six month well-baby visit was on July 30, 2009, about a week short of a year ago. At that appointment, she was 27 1/2 inches long and 17 pounds even.






She has grown and changed so much in the last year. She is so full of personality that I know I am going to have my hands full. Today at lunch she got in trouble and I said "Chacey Madelyn,"to which she responded "one... two..."! She has also gotten very good at the phrase "I want it!" I just hope that she develops a little more grace and coordination as she gets older... cause she is clumsy! All in all, she is a great kid, and I know that we have been very blessed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment